KOVILAKAM BACKWATER VILLA,ALAPUZHA
KOVILAKAM BACKWATER VILLA,ALLEPPEY
Nestled on the banks of the quiet flowing Vembanad lake lies a typical Kerala architectural delight - Kovilakam.
Like most Kerala homes Kovilakam stands stately, serene, yet traditional with its intricate & perfectly carved woodwork ensembling a typical Kerala style - Tharavadu! .
Lazing on the lawns you enjoy nature and its everyday sights. Kovilakam's atmosphere is sure to take away your stress and strain leaving you completely relaxed.
Occasional cries of a boatman hauling his catch will jerk you back into reality.
There are 5 independent air-conditioned rooms -
3 of which are housed in the main building – “The Tharavadu” while the other 2 are separate individual rooms in a cottage closer to the lake.
The Tharavadu is exclusive in having a common living room & a private dining room for guests who are particular about privacy.
A broad Chuttuverandah runs along the sides of the building which serves as a perfect ambience for children & ardent nature lovers.
Moreover the Tharavadu enjoys a 70 mtr. backwater frontage with a sprawling lawn spread over half an acre of land overlooking the lake .
• All 5 rooms are provided with traditional kerala furniture & are bath attached.
• T.V., Fridge and cable connections in all our 5 rooms.
• All rooms are air-conditioned
• Round the clock hot & cold water supply
• A private dining hall and living room for those who seek privacy
“Mattupavu”, our restaurant is situated on the first floor and gives you a splendid view of the backwaters. A Multi-cuisine traditional restaurant serving Kerala dishes. Chinese, Continental & North Indian dishes are also catered.
To make your stays more enjoyable and memorable we also provide the following add-ons :
• Ayurvedic rejuvenating massages on prior request.
• Speedboat cruises & houseboat stays on the famed vembanad kayal.
• Kathakali performances arranged on prior request.
• Games & Recreational Activities which include:
-Chess, Carroms, cards & other board games.
-Video game consoles for the keeping the young ones occupied.
-Fishing, table tennis, swimming in the vembanad kayal.
-A mini library is maintained having a good collection of books.